In case you haven’t heard, there’s a housing inventory crisis across Canada and the United States (I haven’t looked beyond – maybe it’s another pandemic?!) In this video I look at the possible reasons not enough people are selling, and whether there are any signs of hope for house hunters.
- (1:00) Stats: Number of Q1 Sales vs New Listings 2015-2021
- (1:55) Stats: Resulting Inventory Q1 2015-2021
- (3:30) Who Usually Sells? (4:30) Why People Aren’t Downsizing
- (5:30) Why People Aren’t Upsizing
- (7:00) RE Is a Good (and More Popular) Investment
- (8:10) Unintended Consequences of Government Intervention
- (11:10) NAR Studies This Stuff
- (13:40) Are We Building Enough New Homes?
- (14:50) Number of New Home Completions (Ontario) 2010-2021
- (16:40) There Is Hope
In the video I refer to an article about a study by the National Association of Realtors in the USA.
Here is a link to the article.
Follow me for real estate: